Thursday, March 25, 2010

iPods and Dirty Cars

I got my iPod FM transmitter in the mail today.  To celebrate, I tested it, set my radio presets (thank you, Griffin, for International Mode),and cleaned up good ol' Ronnie.  I've always enjoyed turning up my music and cleaning out cars since I was in middle school and I would clean out my Mom's Chevy Lumina van.  I don't know quite how to describe it, but there's something relaxing to it.  Also, I feel as if I've accomplished something after I've finished de-junking a car. 

Especially when I'm about a year late in doing so.  :-)

One of my sins (or "areas of opportunity," as we called them when I worked in the world of Call Centers) is that I tend to procrastinate.  If you've followed this blog for a period of time, then you've seen it with my Heidelberg Catechism posts.  I either wait until the last minute, or I keep putting off something that needs to get done quickly.  I think part of it is because I'm a perfectionist (yet another "area of opportunity" in my life) and I get scared of doing something before I know it can be absolutely PERFECT or well done on the first try.  Problem is, real life doesn't operate like that.  Perfection only touched this world once, and thankful I am not He. 

But hopefully now, I can be less of a procrastinator and more of a "git-er-done"-er. 

That said, I need to go on and put some books on my bookshelf.  But after I finish loading music onto my iPod (hey--I'm a work in progress).  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination is a Thompson family trait, dude. Embrace it, but don't let it rule. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete